Sunday 31 July 2011

Different Place, Different Time

Have you ever thought to yourself  "DAMN ive been born in the wrong era, time, century, decade". Im positive we've all thought about it once or twice when looking around us, and wishing we were in one of the black and white movies on T.V just because everything seemed so effortless, and smooth. How the men talked to the woman, and how Gary Grant would sweet talk a woman into his arms. The woman would come out on set in these ravishing gowns and you'd wish you'd be able to spend a moment in there shoes.  You've all seen todays cars pass by on the road....red,black,gray,blue (sometimes yellow) plastic, and you'd wish to see a dodge dart swinger painted eletric blue or ruby red , or even a 57' bel air painted in red and white cruse by your place just to make you stare and smile. I wonder how it be like if I wasnt born in this time period. I mean thinks are complicated anytime and anywhere. Im not saying I dont have it good but, what i'd give to spend a moment "Back in the day" seeing all these old cars, dressing up in vintage clothing, listening to the first song of the rolling stones on my little portable radio.
I'd love to spend a day in the 60's I guess I'm some sort of flower child with a love of Jimi Hendrix, old cars, and the peace sign!

So Ladies and Gentlemen I'm asking what would your "Back in the day" be like? where? when? why? (:

Signing Off,
PolitePurplePenguins

Clark Gable and Joan Crawford (Dancing Lady, 1933). 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers